Throws a ball straight up in your own reference frame and you will catch it on the way down.
WATCH THE VIDEO
- Newton's Laws
- Reference Frames
Section to be added later.
- Projectile cart
- Large Ball Bearing
- Trigger Pin and String
- Compress the spring in the cart and lock it down with the trigger pin. The pin is inserted in one of the access hole son the side of the column.
- Put in the ball bearing. BE CAREFUL NOT TO LOOK DOWN THE COLUMN AND ACCIDENTALLY SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FACE!
- Make sure the surface on which the cart will travel is as level as possible! If the cart accelerates, the demo will not work.
- Make sure the amount of string attached to the trigger pin is long enough for the space you are working in.
- Push the cart on the level surface and when the time is right, jerk the string in a quick motion. Be sure you are pulling the pin STRAIGHT OUT. If you pull up or down on it, you may disturb the cart's motion.